Many times someone in our lives needs to turn a page or start a new chapter. And this more often than not includes a goodbye message as we bid farewell. Whether it's a goodbye to a good friend, a farewell to a retired teacher, or a farewell to a retiring colleague, each of these deserves an amazing sendoff. A suitable vessel that delivers a proper farewell message.
How about a farewell video? Surely an awesome way to deliver messages such as these!
Farewell videos are a wonderful way to celebrate something that will be greatly missed. And Celebrate is a breathtaking way to create a farewell video. Celebrate provides a FUN and EASY way to produce a video that they will cherish forever.
Here are some examples and occasions where a video can be used to celebrate farewells.
Heartfelt Farewell Video Messages
"make them laugh make them CRY"☯
Bidding farewell can evoke many different emotions. The heartfelt farewell video would need to have the right tone along with fond memories. Whether it's a sad farewell to true friends, or wishing the best of luck to a great coworker leaving for a new position, the farewell video will be grand way to express yourself.
Leaving the company doesn't necessarily mean saying goodbye. It could be something as simple as wishing continued success and best wishes in ones' future endeavors. How about "You've been a great colleague, we'll miss working with you, congratulations on the new job 👏, all the best in your exciting new chapter! Let's maintain contact!😃”.
And here are some sample chunks that could be the basis of heartfelt farewell messages;
- "miss you ... great memories"
- "no goodbye between friends"
- “Keep in touch!”
- “I hope our paths cross again.”
- “You will be missed, but good luck with everything.”
- “Congratulations on your new job. ...
- “Congratulations on a job well done! ...
- “I've learned a lot from working with you over the years. ...
- “It was an honor to work with a coworker who was committed to their success and their coworkers. ...
- “We will remember you with warm thoughts and memories.
- "I have learned a lot from you during your time here. ..."
- "I am seriously going to miss you here. ..."
- "In addition to being a colleague, you have been a great friend at work. ..."
- "This is a whole new and exciting opportunity for you."
- "Thank you for all your hard work over many years; it has helped make this company successful.” “You will be missed!” “All the best in finding new opportunities elsewhere—we will all miss you!” “This is not goodbye, just farewell for now!"
- ""How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." ..."
- "You and I will meet again, When we're least expecting it, One day in some far-off place, I will recognize your face, I won't say goodbye my friend, For you and I will meet again."
Funny Farewell Video Messages
"make them LAUGH make them cry"
Funny farewell video messages are a delightful and FUN way to express your thoughts and feelings when you're at a loss for words. Funny farewell messages (with all the advice one can muster ... e.g. "Please don't go ... (NOT 😉 )" very much belong in farewell videos. Here are some examples;
- "We're going to miss avoiding you!"
- "We're gonna have to train somebody else?! .... PLEASE DON"T GO!"
- "Hoping your resignation is rejected and your dog eats your new appointment letter!"
- "Hope your new coworkers have as much unrelenting joy as we are having when you leave!"
Famous Farewell Quotes
There are many different approaches and messages with which you could enrich your video. More often than not, the personalized ones are the most effective. But sometimes a farewell quote from pros can really help and just hits the spot. Here are a few that just might be one of those.
- “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.” Rumi
- “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” A.A. Milne (Winnie-the-Pooh)
- “What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from.” T.S. Eliot
- “The two hardest things to say in life are hello for the first time and goodbye for the last.” Moira Rogers
- “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” Mahatma Gandhi
- “You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing.” E.B. White (Charlotte’s Web)
- “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” Paulo Coelho
- “This is not a goodbye, my darling, this is a thank you.” Nicholas Sparks (Message in a Bottle)
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” Dr. Seuss
- “Man’s feelings are always purest and most glowing in the hour of meeting and of farewell.” Jean Paul Richter
- “Great is the art of beginning, but greater is the art of ending.” Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.” Richard Bach
- “Why can’t we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn’t work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos.” Charles M. Schulz
- “It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.” Ernie Harwell
- “All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.” Anatole France
- “Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)
- “We’ll meet again, Don’t know where, don’t know when, But I know we’ll meet again, some sunny day.” Vera Lynn (We’ll Meet Again)
- “Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love.” George Eliot
- “What is that feeling when you’re driving away from people and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? – it’s the too-huge world vaulting us, and it’s good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.” Jack Kerouac (On the Road)
- “Remember me and smile, for it’s better to forget than to remember me and cry.” Dr. Seuss
- “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” Charles Dickens (Nicholas Nickleby)
- “Life is a journey, not a destination.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Goodbyes are not forever, Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I’ll miss you, Until we meet again.” Unknown
What should I say Through a Farewell Virtually
Your farewell wave doesn't need to be performed in person. Whether someone is joining a new team or a new company. Whether there is a next chapter on a career path or a next adventure or just simply a next job. Whether a person is leaving. Each and all of these can be easily done from a faraway place through a farewell video. A wish of great success, perhaps with all the advice and some inside jokes and sincere comments on the fun times and a "pleasure working with them" would fit superbly on a farewell video.
A Final Thought
One can always strive for a perfect farewell. But the ultimate reward of a "perfect" farewell should be the everlasting impact. There is no better way to achieve this than through a farewell video. Fortunately it doesn't need to be hard work to create an awesome one. Farewell videos can be EASY and so much FUN to create ... if you have the right tools ... and we do 😃 ... have a look Your editing skills will rival those of any expert!