St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated annually on March 17, the anniversary of St. Paddy's death in the fifth century.
Did you know that there are more people of Irish descent in Canada and the United States than in Ireland — more than 4.6 million in Canada and about 32 million in the US? No wonder St. Patrick’s Day is such a festive day on this side of the pond!
With social and physical distancing still in place, it’s hard to get together with your Irish friends and family to celebrate at your favourite spot with a glass of green beer. But that doesn’t mean you can’t get together virtually and wish everyone a “Top O the Morning” or “How Ya”!
Here's a unique idea. This year, use Celebrate to create a fun-filled and memorable virtual party with your friends and family at home and abroad.
A virtual St. Patrick’s Day party you'll never forget 📽
With Celebrate’s group video app, it’s easy to make this year’s St. Patrick’s Day especially fun and memorable — the next best thing to being there!
And it's so easy using Celebrate that anyone can do it!
- Set up a St. Paddy's Day Celebration in the app. We guide you through creation of a fun video invitation for your friends and family
- Ask everyone to record themselves doing something “Irish” and to send it to you — it's really easy for them, using our app. No special software needed, no need for them to download an app. And they arrive automatically on your clipboard in beautiful, original quality.
Here are a few ideas you might suggest:
- Wear green!
- Recite an Irish limerick.
- Sing an Irish pub song (one of the most popular songs is “The Unicorn” sung by The Irish Rovers).
- Share their favourite Irish recipe (Irish stew made with Guinness is really good).
- Learn how to say happy St. Patrick’s Day in Irish (“Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona duit!” and is pronounced: “Law leh Paw-drig suna ghit.”)
- All you need to do is drag the video clips from your clipboard to your timeline and place them in any order you choose. Perhaps add a few special GIFs or some music.
- Then press a button to generate the merged video and BOOM, you're done!
Guaranteed hoots for all!
Be sure to schedule a Zoom call for St. Paddy's Day — and remind everyone to bring their own green beer or beverage of choice). Then share the video live via Zoom in your virtual party. We guarantee you a great time!
By the way, you can also send everyone the link in case they want to download it for their own keepsake.
Have fun, and happy Celebrating!